Bananas have so many uses in baking healthy treats, they seem to be in every recipe, but for ice cream they serve as the healthy base of “cream” that you can add basically anything to. No cream or weird ingredients you can’t pronounce, just a plain banana. Once frozen, you truly get the effect of eating ice cream but you won’t feel all the guilt of eating the real deal. This is the simplest dessert recipe you will ever try and my bf said it is his favorite so far (even over the these healthy Peanut Butter cups!). Just plain bananas frozen and blended will make great ice cream on their own, but I decided to add some peanut butter and honey to mine to create a more unique taste. I also froze mine in high ball glasses to make them fancy since half the fun of getting real ice cream is the experience. Get the Raw Vegan Ice Cream recipe below and some ideas on other ice cream flavors we can create…the possibilities are endless.
Raw Vegan Ice Cream (Serves 2)
– Freeze 2 bananas (overnight is best)
– Chop up frozen bananas into small “coins” and blend with 3 tbsp natural peanut butter & 1 tsp honey
– Pour mixture into bowl and freeze
Ice Cream Flavor Ideas
– Add almonds/macadamia nuts, etc for some crunch
– Blend the bananas with fruits for different flavors: blueberries, strawberries, mangoes, etc.
– Add cacoa powder, cinnamon or acai for a variety of flavors
What do you add to your raw ice cream to make it unique? Share with me in the comments so I can try out your favorite flavor.